Monday, September 13, 2010

Jess Roden goes to New Orleans

modlang collection
My friend Eric pointed out to me that there were thousands of blogs being written about obscure lp's....."bloody ridiculous" I murmured as I pulled out a pristine copy of the first Jess Roden lp on Island records - you know the one Catalogue # ILPS 9286 and produced by Allen Toussaint.
Before making this album Jess was in Bronco who recorded two splendid albums on Island called Country Home & Ace of Sunlight.
I saw Bronco quite a few times  and they were much heavier and potent live than their studio albums.
Here is a poster for a gig in their hometown of  Kidderminster  25 July 1971 that currently resides on my kitchen wall
modlang collection


To find out more about the long and winding career of  Mr Roden I suggest you wander over to here :
http://www.jessroden.com/

1 comment:

  1. Great to see other afficionados highlight Jess!

    http://musiquarium.wordpress.com/2007/02/18/unsung-heroes-no1-jess-roden/

    ReplyDelete